Friday, September 26, 2008

A Mosquito in the Eye--Oh My!

Today I am musing about how a mosquito interrupted an entire day for me.

It was Sunday and I was lounging in my favorite big red chair when all of a sudden a mosquito landed on my left eyeball. I held my blinks and made my way to the bathroom. There in the mirror I saw the remains of a large mosquito on my lower eyelid. I proceeded to flick his body into the sink that would become the portal to his grave. Then I blinked. Something was not right so I took out my contact lens and found it had grown a leg!!!!!!! Well, it had collected one of the deceased's legs. After rinsing off my lens, I placed it back into my eye. Something was still not right. Once again I lifted the lens off my eye and found it had grown a wing!!!!! Well...it had collected one of the afore mentioned deceased's wings anyway. I then decided that the lens had now been too affected to ever wear again so I tossed it into the trash can and then thouroughly rinsed out my eye, finding yet another wing and leg in the process! A new lens was placed into the eye, but I was just not comfortable with my lenses in. So for the rest of the day I wore my thick-lensed glasses. The world was different after that. I am now contemplating wearing goggles wherever I may be. What do you think?

4 comments:

dnp said...

Melinda, you are so funny. I can see it all now. Mosquitos have always been a nuisance, but this just makes them all the more unlikable. Love you,
Danielle

Anonymous said...

Such an odd thing to have happen! And, since this is the place for musings, I wonder what would've happened if he'd of bit your eye. Maybe you could've been on an upcoming episode of "Untold stories of the ER" !! Much love to you, come teach in VA!! PUHLEEZZE?
Cuz Kel

Terri and Steve said...

Melinda, It was so fun to read your blog. We have one now that you can check out.

steveandterrisoelberg.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

ok you need to be a writer! i was so into your story, love ya hope your eye is better