Monday, October 13, 2008

Pam, An American Hero

Today while on our way to lunch, my friend Pam told us of an event that had happened a couple of weeks back.

First, let me set the scene: Dunkin' Donuts drive-thru window, Saturday morning. The following conversation took place:

Dunkin' Donuts Window Boy (who, hereafter, will be known as DD): "Good morning, welcome to Dunkin' Donuts. Could I take your order?"

Pam: "I would like (whatever she ordered)."

DD: "That will be (however much it was), please pull forward."

Pam sits anxiously in the car hoping to get the best breakfast ever. She counts and recounts her money over and over. She is sure this could be the beginning of the best day of her life! Mmmm! Only a few more moments until the delicious breakfast arrives in her area of scent! Oh the joy!

After a short wait, Pam pulls to the window, pays her money and reaches out for breakfast.

DD: "Uh...Ma'am, could you please pull forward and we will bring your food out to you?"

Pam thinks fast.

Pam: "No. No, Sir, I can't. I'll wait right here for my order."

DD: turning to the manager in the back "She said she wouldn't pull forward!"

Pam waits for a very brief time and her order makes its way into the car.

The End



Pam is one of my new heros! I can't wait to try this out!

1 comment:

theweippertfamily said...

oh my great!!! I have definatly got to try this out..I wonder if it made her food come quicker..Since when ever you pull up they sure do take their time.....